Get compliant with recycling laws
all across Europe!
Packaging Waste Law | WEEE & Battery | Textile & Furniture EPR
By using our digital consulting services, you can simply fulfill your obligations for packaging waste, WEEE & EPR compliance in all European countries yourself – cheaper than ever. We explain in a simply way how you can realise your individual compliance – or take over the entire process of registration in the Premium Service for you.
You can purchase our digital service for selected countries or for all of Europe.
This is our service for you:
ecosistant offers the security your business needs in international e-commerce.
Get compliant with all recycling laws for pan-European e-commerce! Including international packaging waste laws, WEEE-directive, and EPR for textiles and furniture: With our digital compliance consulting service, you receive simple step-by-step guides for each of your target markets and will never again lose time researching waste laws.
When selling cross-border to end-consumers abroad, you need to get compliant with waste legislation in your target countries. Each EU member state has their own laws, recycling schemes, and institutions.
In which countries does your business have obligations for recycling from local waste laws? By answering short questionnaires, ecosistant can analyze your individual recycling obligations for each country.
All recycling laws for e-commerce in Europe are included:
- Packaging waste law analysis
- WEEE & Battery law analysis
- Textile EPR analysis
- Furniture & Mattress EPR analysis
If you do have obligations for the recycling of your packaging or products in a country, ecosistant will provide:
- simple step-by-step guides
- English-speaking contacts of agencies, representatives, and recommended recycling schemes for each country
- Estimate of costs: What cost can you expect in each country? (recycling fees, registration fees, …)
- Additional information, e.g. requirements for mandatory recycling symbols
Our compliance guides are individually tailored towards your business and easy to follow. Save the cost of expensive compliance consultants and simply build your processes internally with the know-how of ecosistant!
Laws are constantly changing. Do you really want to research every year, over and over?
We will handle this for you! Always stay up-to-date on changing requirements with an active ecosistant subscription! We inform you automatically about any changes that could affect your business in your countries.
You can also retake the questionnaires to reassess your obligations at any time, if your business grows abroad. Never take any risks thanks to ecosistant.
You do not have internal resources to fulfill your compliance internationally? Do you want to outsource all tasks to experts?
No problem! Request your individual offer, and our experienced compliance consultants can take over for you.
We recommend our Premium-Service to bigger online shops with high turnover abroad. For SMEs or startups, our digital service is typically more cost-efficient.
Click on the image for a short preview video
That's how simple it works:
Order now and get started!
If you choose our "Premium-Service", we fulfill your EPR obligations including all necessary registrations for you.
Digital Compliance Consulting
- Individual information for your target-markets
- Information on mandatory recycling symbols
- Always up-to-date
- Find licensed compliance schemes
next year only € 14.99
per year & per country (excl. VAT)
All of Europe
Compliance – everywhere!
- All features from Country-Service included
- Europe-wide for 30 countries
- Comprehensive report on EU mandatory recycling symbols
- All future updates included
- Save more than 30%
- Best value for money
next year only € 299.-
(only €13.30 / €9.97 per country excl. VAT)
Lean back, we handle this!
- We take over registration and data declaration with compliance schemes in all countries
- Support with mandatory recycling symbols
- More time for your core-business
- Personal account manager
Get the perfect overview
with our digital compliance-service
- Simply take packaging, WEEE & EPR compliance across Europe in your own hands with the help of our detailed manuals.
- Individual information and strategies for each country, tailored for your business.
- Save time and money – we show you the most efficient and low-cost way to fulfill your compliance needs in all your European markets.
- In case of mandatory recycling symbols for packaging, relevant information are included in your manual
- Have the best partner in each country – we only introduce you to official and reliable compliance schemes & authorized representatives.
- Laws and regulations for recycling in each country change frequently. Your obligations may change as your business grows. Always stay up-to-date due to a convenient subscription model.
- Not only packaging must be licensed for recycling in Europe! Benefit from our compliance-services for electronic goods & batteries, textiles, shoes, furniture, and mattrasses. (all included)
- Make your supply chain sustainable and fulfill your corporate social responsibility.
You pay € 19.99 per country (excl. VAT) at purchase and receive our full service for 12 months.
After that, we will charge you only € 14.99 per country (excl. VAT) for the following year. The same renewal fee will be charged for each additional year, unless the contract is cancelled subject to a 30-day cancellation period by the next renewal. Cancellation is possible from the first year. The fee covers our consulting service; recycling-fees are not included.
Start with our Country-Service now and purchase additional countries later or flexibly upgrade to our Europe-Service or Premium-Service at any time.
Get the whole picture of your compliance
with our Europe-Service
- To which countries can I ship legally without paying for recycling (due to minimum-thresholds or other exemptions)?
- In which countries do I have obligations for recycling?
- Which recycling symbols are mandatory on packaging when selling across Europe?
- How can I fulfill my recycling obligations efficiently, what are the right institutions, how much will the recycling cost?
Our digital compliance service will answer these questions for you and support your compliance-management, fully automated and to the lowest possible cost. Thanks to our convenient subscription-based service, you will never waste time on researching recycling laws and regulations ever again – we will keep you always up-to-date!
- All features of our Country-Service included – you save more than 30%!
- Lowest price in the first year – and even cheaper in all following years!
- The optimum solution for startups, SMEs and online shops with EU-shipping.
You pay only € 399.- (or € 13.30 per country) excl. VAT at purchase and receive our full service for 12 months.
After that, we will charge you only € 299.- (or € 9.97 per country) excl. VAT for the following year. The same renewal fee will be charged for each additional year, unless the contract is cancelled subject to a 30-day cancellation period by the next renewal. Cancellation is possible from the first year. The fee covers our consulting service; recycling-fees are not included.
The service includes all information for 30 countries: All 27 EU member states, Norway, Switzerland, and the UK. Start with our Europe-Service now and flexibly upgrade to Premium at any time – even for individual countries.
Leave it all to us!
with our Premium-Service
Too many countries, too complicated? You want to focus on your core-business?
- Get a personal account manager by your side.
- We take over all your tasks – from registration and communication with compliance schemes to your frequent data declarations in each country 1)
- Less complexity – only one point of contact for all European countries.
- We offer add-on Premium-Services, such as consulting services or support with the creation of the obligatory recycling symbols on product- and shipping-packaging in Europe.2)
- Ideal for big players and online shops with extensive export turnover and complex supply chains.
Request your non-binding Premium-Service proposal now.
1) Some tasks require your participation. We will inform you about all details once we receive your non-binding request for proposal
2) Our Premium Service for EPR compliance and our recycling labelling service are separate services which can be purchased independently – our team of consultants are happy to provide you individual offers for both services.
Online sellers get all compliance-guides for the German packaging law, WEEE- & battery legislation.
Free of charge, ideal for trying ecosistant! Upgrade for other countries or the All-of-Europe-Service possible at any time.
The free manual also includes discount codes for the packaging license of Dual Systems and the best prices for the WEEE Authorized Representative Service in Germany.
What our customers say:
Do you still have questions?
or take a look at our FAQs.
If you sell cross-border to end-consumers in different countries of Europe, (almost) every country has different laws for the recycling of packaging or products, that you must follow. Typically, you as a retailer (that places packaged goods on the market) need to join national recycling schemes and pay fees for recycling (“extended producer responsibility”).
Since the laws and obligations differ by country, it is almost impossible without the help of experts to get compliant with the waste laws of each country.
ecosistant, the first digital consultant for recycling compliance across Europe, can change this for you: Get easy-to-follow compliance guides tailored to your business needs, and always stay up-to-date with our subscription-based service!
Find out more about the perks of using ecosistant here:
Amazon (and other marketplaces or fulfillment providers) are obligated by law to check whether sellers fulfill their compliance in their target-countries. But also when selling via one’s own online store, businesses must abide by these laws.
ecosistant is not a recycling scheme, but a (digital) consultant and intermediary. With our guides you can easily find the best recycling schemes in each country to get the required proof of compliance for Amazon. For example:
- Germany: packaging, electronics, batteries
- France: packaging, electronics, batteries, textiles and furniture
- overall in 30 countries (EU27, UK, Norway, Switzerland)
With our Premium-Service, you can also outsource your full recycling compliance management to our experts. You will then receive the required certificates for Amazon directly from us.
Find out more about the perks of using ecosistant here:
You can find an overview of all prices for our service packages here. This overview includes the prices at your purchase as well as the price for the subscription-renewal after 12 months.
Recycling-fees or registration-fees for compliance schemes or waste registers are not included in our service fees. However, our service does include a cost estimation for when you fulfill your compliance, based on your information for each country. (administrative fees, register fees, recycling fees, fees for authorized representatives, …)
Unfortunately we cannot forecast these costs before you use ecosistant, because they depend on various individual factors. The cost analysis is therefore part of our digital consulting service.
As a rough estimate, the minimum cost for packaging waste compliance is on average €50 to €150 per country. For electronics or batteries, you can expect minimum €500 per country (on average). The costs vary largely by country and are also dependent on your products and type of packaging. Use ecosistant to get a more precise forecast of what costs you can expect for each country.
With so-called “Full-Service”-offers, online retailers often pay more for the service than for the actual recycling of their products and packaging. In our opinion, this does not make sense and is not sustainable at all.
That is why at ecosistant, we want to “cut the middleman” for our clients, and offer a better balance for SMEs and startups. Thanks to the complete digitization of our consulting service, we can offer ecosistant for prices so low that “real” consultants would start sweating.
Nevertheless, a “Full-Service” can make sense for large online shops that sell a lot abroad, since the balance between service cost and recycling fees is better. If you are interested in outsourcing your compliance management, feel free to request a offer for our Premium-Service:
Our digital service always come with a 12-month subscription-period. The subscription is a special service to always keep your compliance up-to-date to save you time and reduce your risk. This is important, because regulations in each country are often being changed for the new calendar year or during the year, or because your company growth (sales volumes, packaging quantities) may lead to different obligations than before.
In short: With an active ecosistant subscription, you will never again need to do research on waste legislation – we will handle this for you!
You can, however, cancel your subscription already in the first year (with a 30 days’ notice by the end of the subscription period). Please note that in this case, you will no longer get updates after your subscription ends.
ecosistant GmbH is an aspiring startup from the heart of Berlin, Germany. We are Andreas (CEO), Johannes (CTO), and a small group of experienced compliance consultants that have gathered around us. Since April 2020, we have been operating the first completely digitized information-platform for European packaging- and waste laws.
Opposite of our competitors, we do not come from waste-management, but have our roots in e-commerce ourselves. Thus, we understand the difficulties and challenges of international e-commerce better than anyone else.
Thousands of happy customers from the e-commerce realm are already using our services. We hope that you will soon be one of them. 🙂